Kelly Ritter is Associate Dean of LAS and Professor of English at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
294 English Building| MC-718
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Chicago, 1997.
M.F.A., University of Iowa Writers' Workshop, 1994.
B.A., University of Iowa, 1991.
Archival Studies and Historiography; Writing Program Administration; Composition Theory; Pedagogical Theory; Digital Rhetorics and Online Discourse.
- Ritter, Kelly. Reframing the Subject: Postwar Instructional Film and Class-Conscious Literacies. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, December 2015.
- Ritter, Kelly. To Know Her Own History: Writing at the Woman's College, 1943-1963. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2012.
- Ritter, Kelly, and Paul Kei Matsuda. Exploring Composition Studies: Sites, Issues, Perspectives. Logan, UT: Utah State University Press, 2012.
- Ritter, Kelly. Who Owns School? Authority, Students, and Online Discourse. Cresskill, NJ: Hampton Press, 2010.
- Ritter, Kelly. Before Shaughnessy: Basic Writing at Yale and Harvard, 1920-1960. Carbondale, IL: SIU Press/Studies in Writing and Rhetoric, 2009.
- Ritter, Kelly, and Stephanie Vanderslice. Can It Really Be Taught? Resisting Lore in Creative Writing Pedagogy. Portsmouth, NH: Boyton/Cook, 2007.
English 582: Historiographies of Writing
English 583: Writing Program Administration
English 593: Rhetoric Proseminar