Center Graduate Students: Amelia Herb
Amelia Herb is a Ph.D. candidate in the Center for Writing Studies in the English Department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
I completed my MA in English and American Literature at the University of Louisville in 2002. After my MA, I taught English as an international language in France for the Centre International d'Etudes Pedagogiques. My hobbies include exploring the cultures and languages of France and India, modernist poetry, and playing the viola.
- RHET 243: Intermediate Expository Writing
- RHET 233: Principles of Composition II
- RHET 105: Principles of Composition I
- RHET 101: College Writing I
- RHET 100: Rhetoric Tutorial
Other Positions Held
- Writers Workshop consultant, UIUC
- Writing Center consultant, University of Louisville
- Language Assistant, CIEP Le Puy-en-Velay, France
My research interests lie at the intersections of writing instruction, library and information science, disciplinary rhetoric, and theories of power.