Center Graduate Students: Logan Middleton
Logan Middleton is a PhD student in the department of English and the Center for Writing Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Although originally from San Francisco, I completed my MA in English with a concentration in writing studies at the University of Illinois, and I earned my BA in English and Communication Arts with an emphasis in film from the University of Wisconsin. Like many other folks, I developed an interest in writing studies by working at my undergraduate institution’s writing center as a peer writing tutor and by doing similar work through the Madison Public Library system as a writing consultant. Here at Illinois, I’m interested in more deeply understanding how writing and literacy practices unfold in community and non-university spaces.
Literacy, disability studies, sound studies, digital rhetoric, multimodal composition, qualitative research methods.
- Odyssey Project: Critical Thinking and Writing
- Informatics / Writing Studies 303: Writing Across Media
- Rhetoric 105: Writing and Research
Other Positions Held
- Writing Workshop Co-Coordinator, Education Justice Project
- Writing Consultant, Writers Workshop
- Peer Mentor, Center for Writing Studies
- Research Assistant, Spencer Schaffner,
- Research Assistant, Melissa Littlefield