Center Graduate Students: Kaia Simon
Kaia Simon is a Ph.D. candidate in the Center for Writing Studies in the English Department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She currently serves as Assistant Director for the Center for Writing Studies.
220 English Building | MC-718
I'm originally from Wisconsin, where I earned a BA in English Education from UW-Eau Claire and taught 8th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades for eight years before pursuing a PhD at the University of Illinois. My current research focuses on literacy studies and gender, with a particular focus on Hmong women.
Literacy Studies, Gender and Women's Studies, Composition Theory & Pedagogy
- Rhetoric 105: Principles of Composition
- English 200: Introduction to the Study of Literature
- Rhetoric 233: Advanced Rhetoric and Composition
- Informatics 303: Writing Across Media
- Assistant Director, Center for Writing Studies
- Assistant Director, Rhetoric Program
- Assistant Editor, College English
- Peer Mentor, Undergraduate Rhetoric Program
- Peer Mentor, Center for Writing Studies