In order to work with a writing consultant, it is recommended that you make an appointment so that you can see a consultant at your convenience. Writers without an appointment are welcome to stop by any Workshop location during open hours to see if a consultant is available.
Schedule your appointment online at https://illinois.mywconline.com or call (217) 333-8796.
Here is what you need to know about making an appointment:
- Appointments are 50 minutes long.
- Appointments can be made up to one week in advance.
- You can schedule up to two appointments per week.
- During midterms and finals, we reserve the right to limit writers to one appointment per week to allow the maximum number of people to have appointments.
- You can schedule only one appointment per day.
- Appointments for group projects are welcome. Please let us know when you make your appointment.
Ways to Make Your Appointment Successful
- To get the most out of a session, we encourage you to schedule appointments as far before the due date of an assignment as you can.
- Please bring your assignment sheet with you. It helps our consultants to know the directions and evaluation criteria for an assignment.
- We have computers at all locations, so we encourage you to bring electronic as well as hard copies of your work. That way, you can make revisions during the session, if you wish.
Writers Workshop Policies
Please read our policies carefully. You will be asked to agree to these policies during your first visit.